Welcome to Desert Messenger - Quartzsite's FREE Community Paper
Founded by Walt Akin in 2004, Desert Messenger provides Quartzsite, Arizona with local news, events and entertainment.
Now published year-round by Shanana "Rain" BearCat, Desert Messenger is distributed twice a month September thru May,
with special monthly editions in June, July & August.
Desert Messenger provides print and digital advertising options for businesses in Quartzsite, and La Paz County, Arizona.
Regular features include:
- Desert Daze Comic Strip by the famous local bookstore owner, Paul Winer.
- Joanne Winer writes articles about local people and events.
- Rosalee O. Wheeler's excerpts from her book, "In the Shadow of Saguaros",
shares wonderful history stories of southwest Arizona.
- Jenn Jedidiah Free of RocksInMyHead.com writes "Adventures with Rocks" column.
- "Traveling with Gypsy Jane" is a fun column all about RV travels
- Longtime Astrologist, Barbara Lee, shares her unique Astrology column, called "Astrological Perceptions".
- Then there is the fun puzzle page!
- The Quartzsite Show Schedule and Map are included in each issue during the season.
- Great deals can be found in the Classified Section.
Pick up the Desert Messenger FREE at over 60 locations in La Paz County - including Quartzsite, Brenda, Ehrenberg and Bouse.
For more information,
contact Shanana "RAIN" BearCat
Desert Messenger, PO Box 3185, Quartzsite, AZ 85359
Read Desert Messenger online!